Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I love drinking on airplanes.  To me, the perfect mile high drink is the gin and tonic because it calms the stomach problems that can occur with the altitude.  Also, cocktails are more fun because you get the little bottles of booze to pour into the bubbly and ice, and continuing to pour and drink gives you something to pass the time.  Might as well settle in there and make your tray your own little mini bar!  Sometimes you get one of those little plastic swords to stir with, and those are just fun as hell.

I don't like waiting for stuff so flying is hard for me.  Also, I am a tall drink of water, so I sometimes opt for two cocktails to soothe the pain in my knees.  After all, sometimes it's 1 for 8 and 2 for 11, and that just makes good economic sense right there.

On my last flight I tried to cash in some expired drink tickets to no avail, and forgetting to use those babies was just a God damned disheartening situation.

Does any of this make me sound like an alcoholic?

3 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

I like collecting the mini bottles rather than drink them, just a reminder of my travels.

The Grand Wave said...

You do not in any way sound like an alcoholic. I usually fly in the mornings, and I fly a lot so I stop in at the club lounge for a free bloody mary or two before the flight, and then continue with bloody marys on the plane. Gotta love the mini bottles. On my last flight the attendant noticed I was already buzzed when I got on the plane so she gave me THREE mini bottles with my Mr. and Mrs. T's Bloody Mary mix. More than awesome.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Coke: Um, you could keep the EMPTY bottles. Yeah, maybe I do drink too much . . .

Grand: I'm so glad someone could pick up what I'm laying down. Always good to see you come by.