Monday, May 05, 2014

I work with this woman who I'm not too crazy about, and the more she goes on and on at meetings, the more crazy I start going.  In about three consecutive meetings she has said "strag-e-dies" instead of strategies.  I was screaming inside my head, mad as hell that someone could get over 40-years-old in a professional setting still saying a word that horribly incorrect.  Then "Tragedy" by Bee Gees popped in my head for reasons I at first didn't know, but then I laughed having realized that I was singing "Stragedy!"

Songs pop in my head all the time and crack me up.  There are people I see every day who have no idea that they have their very own theme song playing in my head when they walk in the room.  And it's a good trick that I recommend to keep you from getting too serious and angry at work.  Just assign that awful person a funny song and get through that meeting, humming and laughing to yourself like a crazy person.

7 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I hereby name this woman 'Madame Bee Gee'. I've never seen her, but that's what I'll always call her.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Bananas: That's perfect. Hey, I kind of hate everyone as I get older. Madame Bee Gee is no exception.

Jimmy Fungus said...

There is this Japanese cartoon about these punk kids (supposedly punk kids, but they are not that bad really) called "Cromartie High." One of them looks like Freddie Mercury for some reason, and has their own personal theme music playing every time he shows up...

Anonymous said...

The dumb broad I work with always say "Supposably" intead of supposedly.
She is also very loud and almost impossible to ignore.

Mr. Shife said...

I hope you have given me an awesome theme song, Dr. Ken. And to answer your question on my blog about getting my cooties if we did make it, you are safe sir. It's not contagious. Have a good one.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Jimmy: This show sounds terrific. Does he have the overbite? Hairy chest? Unitard? I'm in!

Anonymous: I worked with a gal who said "supposably" all the time, but she was a cute little Italian chick with long curly hair and a bangin' body - and she was good at her job - so I put up with it.

Shifey: Hmmm. Your theme music. I'm thinking it would have to be something by Built To Spill from The Land of Potatoes since you're both from Idaho. I'll go with "When Not Being Stupid Is Not Enough" because your blog is called "Confessions of a Dumb White Guy." That or "Dirty White Boy" by Foreigner.

Cocaine Princess said...

Many times humor can be a great tool to deal with annoying people. For the past month I had a song in my head, all I knew was the tune so I couldn't even google the lyrics to find out the title of it.It just drove me crazy. One day last week while driving the song title popped into my head.

I can't stand when people pronounce the word schedule as "shed-ule." Like nails on a chalkboard.