Thursday, December 12, 2019

2 Holiday Confessions

Sorry I missed a post yesterday. The heat went out on a freezing Chicago night with a baby and my mother-in-law in the house, so I was a busy man last night.

But I'm back with a couple of Christmas television confessions.

1. I love watching The Great Light Fight where people compete to see who can have tackiest, gaudiest, most expensive, elaborate Christmas decorations on their house and yard. I got questions. Where do they store all that crap the rest of the year?
How high is their electric bill in the winter months?
Are their neighbors pissed off from the ultrasonic lights blasting into their windows and anamatronic Santas singing songs all night long?

2. I also like to make sure that every holiday season I flip on at least a few minutes of a Christmas episode of a daytime soap opera. This one is harder to explain. I can't really say why I like it. It's just so corny and the people are so pretty and acting sometimes sucks so hard. I just like it, okay? Not everything needs a reason.

Happy Holidays, Seven Readers.

3 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Soap Operas? Are they still on? But I do get you. I remember watching GH and One Life to Live years ago, and there was something about all the sets decorated of "the homes" and the empty wrapped boxes. Your right. Cheesy.

My holiday guilty pleasure is all those old Rankin Bass productions, animation movies like Rudolph, Jack Frost, Rudolph's Shinning New Year, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Year without A Santa Claus and such....

Mr. Shife said...

Glad that you are giving the blogging another go around. I hope that you keep it up but I know it's hard now that you have two little dudes.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Mistress: Yes! The decorated houses, the Christmas sweaters, the makeouts by the fire next to the Christmas tree. It's all good. And the old claymation cartoons kick ass. I celebrate them all.

Shife: I'm doing my damndest. Guys like you keep me going. Let's do it.