1. It looks like the end of the strike is near, and I should be back to work on Wednesday.
2. That won't be enough time for my hard drive (and all my music) to be recovered to make the Strike Mix to bring to the picket line, which is a shame because I had the whole thing mapped out in my crazy little head. Shot out to Colby over at the computer place for recovering all my music. This time I'm going to buy two external hard drives in case something goes wrong with one like it did this time. Colby said this is recommended, but I'm told wearing two rubbers at once, using the same logic, is not a good idea.
3. LSD goes back to school Saturday on the west coast for one more school year so she and I will be back to our long distance relationship. I will really miss having her here every day, giving her a goodbye kiss every morning, but just like the last year, we will be stronger for having gone through it.
4. While typing this up, I'm listening to Aerosmith's "Get Your Wings," an actual good Aerosmith recording from the old days, and I think I figured out where Steven Tyler went horribly wrong. While most rockers get more laid back and retrospective as they get older, Steven tried to be more flamboyant with yips and howls to make his aging voice stand out on recordings, and he acts stupid to get more attention during public appearances. This is a horribly embarrassing phenomenon.
5. I finally saw Gwar over the weekend at Riot Fest in Chicago. I sat at the perfect distance to be really close but not too close where I would get blood all over my clothes and skin. Whatever means of spurting blood they could find after killing whoever they killed, all fluids would fall two feet short of me.
That's it for me. Any thoughts on any of this? What have you been up to?