Friday, July 30, 2010

Ah' Hell Naw'!

I was looking over my posts, and I'm pretty sure that this one never went live - it was still a draft. So, here's my 101st post of the month. Enjoy!

I like to work out with my ipod and the television on with the sound off, usually to a mixed martial arts fight because all the guys are in incredible shape and inspire me. However, often times before and after fights on that same channel, there is a show called "1,000 Ways To Die" on in which they show dramatizations of all kinds of bizarre ways in which people have died, complete with doctors and visual aids showing just why the various events would kill you.

The thing is, it's kind of sick for a show to make light of these people who have died because the narrator makes jokes and they go for laughs with the stupid dramatizations. These were real people who died, after all. Also, the women are always super hot, which is nice to look at, but I highly doubt the woman who died from masturbating with a carrot was anywhere above a rating of 2.

Anyway, even though the show is decidedly sick and wrong in most every respect, I still let out a hearty "oh hell naw!" while working out when there is something particularly gruesome, kind of like Black folks in the movie theater during a horror film.


This made me think of a sad, sad time in my life when I was piss-broke in graduate school, selling my platelets for some cash, and while all of us were lined up on our beds (I think I was the lone white guy), the clinic was airing Final Destination, the movie where, oddly enough, people die in all kinds of bizarre ways. All the slightly drained patients were providing their commentary of the movie, and I was laughing my ass off, forgetting for at least a moment how broke and miserable I was.

3 comments:

Mr. Shife said...

That might be the best way to watch a movie like "Final Destination." I didn't get the privilege of watching a movie when I was donation platelets when I was broke in college so I am a little jealous. And congrats on posting 101 times this month. Quite awesome.

JerseySjov said...

...you definitely already posted this... but congrats on getting into triple digits!

Heff said...

I think you actually posted this temporarily once, then took it down.