These are things I plan on doing in California this weekend:
1. Have sweet, sweet monthly sex with my long-distance girlfriend.
2. Get up early and go for a run along the beach for some last minute training before next week's Chicago Marathon.
3. Go to some sort of museum with the GF. Museums are kind of suck-ass, but when you're with someone fun, they're as fun as anything else.
4. Meet long time blog friends in person for the first time, Laughing Through My Chardonnay and SO@24. A few years back we would have hilarious IM conversations dubbed Eifel Tower Sessions that would either turn into deep probing therapeutic talks or completely off-the-wall disgusting revelations, both of which were equally rewarding. So, it will be good to have a happy hour with them and create "Eiffel Live."
5. Perhaps see one of my oldest friends who has been living there quite some time, and he has a birthday on Saturday. He's been playing in bands for years, and he may even play a show for his b-day, which would be great fun.
6. Go to In-N-Out Burger
7. Then a couple more rounds of the old monthly in-out-in-out with the lady.
8. Fly home Sunday and go back to my cold and lonely life back in Chicago,
back to work with very little sleep.