Wednesday, June 06, 2012

I'm sorry I've been out of the blogosphere for so long, but I have been busy getting moved into my new place and just now got Internet in this joint.  Believe it or not, at 35 years of age, this is the first time I have ever lived alone.  So far, I love it.  At least I think I do.  Allow me to weigh the pro's and con's . . .

Con: I have no dishwasher, laundry machines, or garbage disposal.  I see this as a good experience for me to make me really appreciate a place down the rode that has a bunch of nice amenities - it's humbling.

Con: It's a really small place, but at the same time, I kind of like that.  There is less space for stuff to pile up, and it's easier to keep things neat and tidy.  Also, I'm constantly spinning records, so I'm never to far away to give a record a flip like a flap jack.  

Con: It can get lonely, but actually, being alone helps you figure yourself out more.  I forgot about that.  The longer you spend with yourself, the more you become yourself.  I'm that guy who when I'm out in a crowd I need to keep everyone laughing and feel a need to be fun.  Alone, I can sulk, wallow, sing like an idiot, dance like a buffoon, and walk around in my undies.  In a related matter, I can also use the bathroom to shower or do other things in compromising positions with the door open to hear my records with no fear at all of anyone walking in on me.  

Never mind, there are no cons, as it turns out.  I should have done this a long time ago.  Expect a lot more writing in this year to follow.  And not just blogs: more stories, podcasts, and all kinds of fun projects.  A solo Dr. Ken is a happy and productive Dr. Ken.  

8 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

And you can let your farts rip to your heart's content (or did you already do that when you were living communally?). How about trying to light your farts and reporting back?

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Sounds like a new lease on life. I like it Dr. Ken! congrats

sybil law said...

Living alone is GLORIOUS. I miss it, more often than I'd like to admit!
I thought you and the lady were rooming together, even though she's gone a lot? Oh well.
Enjoy the alone time!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Gorilla: If I light a fart, you'll be the first to get video proof. That's a promise.

Candy: Yes. I'm a new man. Thanks!

Sybil: She's going to be with me for the summer. She gets home in a little over a week. : )

Urbanist Chic said...

Dr. Ken, Glad you're getting to know Dr. Ken. However, I hope you do one of those butt squeeze, fart-squelching maneuvers when your lady gets into town! Too many liberated farts can ruin sexy time! Bad naked?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Urbanist: Good call. I'll try to let as many rip now and then aerate the joint before her arrival.

James Douglas Morrison said...

Great place, I felt like we were Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg from the dharma bums sitting indian style on your floor, talking about random stuff, get some bean bag chairs cause the wood floors get to you after a few hours.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

JDM: Bean bags would have been splendid, as would bead curtains.