1. No garbage disposal. That really grosses me out. I've never lived somewhere without one. It means all food items go into the garbage and make it stink faster.
2. Oh yeah. That's another thing. The landlord doesn't provide a recycling thingy in the alley, which is not legal in my city of residence if you have more than 6 tenants (he has way more of that). So, my girlfriend (LSD) is living in sin with me for the summer, and we're killing the environment. Baby Jesus and Mother Nature are conspiring on how they will rape us in hell.
3. The landlord also didn't provide any hardware to open the glass kitchen cabinets, so LSD and I had to go to home depot and buy handle-jobbers and super glue them on there. We didn't notice until we got them on that they look like flaccid syphilitic wangs, but at least we can open the cabinets without getting finger prints on the glass.
4. The good news is that there are laundry machines in the basement. The bad news is that they are not in the building I live in, so I have to walk through the alley to another one. I can't wait for those trips when it's below zero!
5. No central air. I have a window unit for the bedroom, but the rest of the place is a sweat-house this summer. This means that I spend a lot of time either in the bedroom or leaving to . . . see number six.
6. It's very close to tons of bars. This could also be a good thing, but usually it's very bad for me.