Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Godforsaken Updates . . .

- I had way too much to drink Friday and Saturday, and then I had some more on Superbowl Sunday.  That 3rd day in a row is always the one that catches up with you during the work week, and I know this, but you're not not going to drink for the Superbowl, right?  They need to move that darn game to a Saturday.  I was over at my sister's place and her piss poor neighbors all went home at halftime, and I started falling asleep after 4 or 5 Guinness.  Then her really fun neighbor came over with a bottle of Mike Ditka wine, so I had to try some wine made by "Da Coach."  I didn't have to drink from the next bottle of wine opened, but I did.

- I'm going to Austin, Texas later this month for the first time with LSD, who is finishing up school out in Los Angeles, in case you're a new reader or forgot.  We get together once a month in one of our cities or a neutral one, and this is one I'm really excited about.  The really fun neighbor I mentioned a minute ago heard that I was going there and said, "Ooh!  That's where they have all the bats!"  She is convinced that it is a city overrun with wild bats.  You would think I would have heard about that by now . . .

- My sister and I made fun of her, but it turns out she's right.  Just look at all those bats!


5 comments:

Heff said...

Holy Raining Fucking Guano, Batman !!

You'd better wear a raincoat !!!

Cocaine Princess said...

Those bats are crazy! I've never seen anything like that before.

You make a good point moving the SuperBowl to Saturday.

Have fun in Texas.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Heff: I was told to watch from on top of the bridge rather than below it for just that reason. Why do bats have their own word for their poop?

Cocaine: Glad you're with me on the Superbowl Saturday notion. Doesn't have the same ring to it, but you all will get used to it and thank me when you're not hungover and full of chicken wings at work.

Urbanist Chic said...

Do you need to pack bat spray before going to Austin? Or maybe wear combat boots? get it? comBAT boots? hahaha. I need sleep.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

No bat spray. After all, I WANT to see me some bats. : )