Saturday, January 22, 2011

More on Podcasts

I got some buddies on their way to record the second set of podcasts for The Gancer. When I did podcasts in the comedy group I was in a few years back, I always thought it was fun as hell, but I felt like I wanted to have more control over how things were done. It's not complicated really; you just hit record, crack some beers, and shoot the shit. Still, it's good to be the host so I can move it in the right directions. In that group, most everyone was a better actor than me, many of them had more time to devote to the group, but when it came to the podcasts, I really think that is where I should have been the lead. For one, you can't take it serious. Once it's not fun and seems like work, then the whole thing is crapped out.

So, Crom is on his way over to Dr. Ken's apartment to do his second one of these with me. The first being the series of Rule #34 podcasts that I think came out tremendous. He's funnier than hell on these things.

Also on his way is a friend who doesn't have an alias yet, so I'm going to call him Beatnik for now. He's a guy who I wasn't too close with back in high school, but through the magic of Facebook, we figured out that we have a lot in common, such as hating high school, drinking too many beers sometimes, and dating artist chicks who drive us nuts.

THIS JUST IN: It sounds as if HLP (Heterosexual Life Partner) might be joining us as well! He has been featured in many blog posts over the years, and I'm sure my beloved seven readers are enthused to hear his voice!

This one's going to be unbelievable, so stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm feeling so much anticipation to hear this I might wet myself.

Radioactive Tori said...

I can't wait to hear it!

The Igloo Oven said...

I kinda like work, but then again I'm a workaholic. Excited to hear it. Will it be on iTunes too?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Andrew: Go ahead and wet yourself. Pissing yourself is the greatest form of flattery, as the saying goes.

Radio: Thanks! Rock.

Igloo: It will be posted on here, and if you click one something, it will go into your iTunes. You can do that with the previous podcast to get warmed up.