Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Lady and I Got in the World's Dumbest Fight . . .

. . . about where I would put my CD's when we get a place together.  I was drunk and demanding that they be prominently displayed because I like seeing them - they're comforting.  They have been in the basement for too long, and every time I want to hear something that I haven't put onto my iPod yet, I have to go all the way down there.

The next morning we were laughing about how dumb a fight it was, and it was one of those things where we are pretty much agreed on it, but we weren't listening to one another because we both were drastically overserved with pints upon pints of loud mouth soup.

So today I sent her this email:

I went downstairs with my cigar to look for a Pantera CD that I want to play during workouts, and I left the cigar on the ledge outside.  I found that disc and some other gems, but while I was searching, the rain started pouring, putting out my stogie and getting me and my discs all wet on my way back up to the apartment.

That settles it.  The discs will be displayed tastefully in our lovely little apartment.

Love you.

4 comments:

sybil law said...

Yes, yes - but the important thing is - you win!

Haha
Seriously, though - I've been married for almost 11 years - we have had some dipshit arguments in that time. I'm not sure I can remember a particular one right now.

That said, can't they just go on a bookshelf? Or in a basket (or few) on a bookshelf?

James Douglas Morrison said...

If everyone had a wall of sound the world would be a much better place.

Heff said...

Purchase a house. In YOUR NAME.

Then you can leave a damn TURD on the counter with no commentary over it if you want to.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Sybil: We got it straightened out. I think at the time she was picturing plastic CD towers in the living room.

James: Yes. You're an inspiration to us all.

Heff: Hmmm. I think I would not be okay with my own turds on the counter. : )