Monday, June 27, 2011

Gnomes and Legos

At last, here is the story about the wedding I went to a couple of weeks ago.

At our table were:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater: Yours Truly
Law School Dropout (LSD): Dr. K's main squeeze
Gung Ho: Friend of Dr. K.
Gelfling: Gung Ho's ladyfriend
Monique: Another friend of Dr. K.

The wedding went fine, but it was the events afterwards where things got nutty. We went back to Gung Ho's hotel room and stumbled right into a Lego convention. There were rooms upon rooms of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars battle scenes with literally hundreds of soldiers on each side. There was even a life sized Harry Potter, as pictured below along with The Good Doctor. I thought he'd be taller in person - maybe with his witch hat, or whatever.

I got one of the best calls of my life when Gung Ho rang me to tell me that he found a whole room full of Star Wars stuff. At the time, LSD and I were getting a private tour by a nice hunchbacked fellow. I made sure he knew his stuff by asking him the name of Boba Fett's ship, and he responded by saying that it was, of course, Slave One, but he also knew the class and distributor, something he would have had to have read in super-nerdy books. His credentials checked out. When telling us about things in the industry, I learned that guys who make their own big Lego projects call themselves "builders," which sounds way better than grown men who play with Legos.

The night only got weirder when a nice guy working for the hotel shuttled us to a dive bar down the street. As you can see in the pictures, the place looked like the basement in "That 70's Show," there was that picture of a naked woman, and there was a big gnome that we had a little too much fun playing with. The pic above is my favorite because Gelfling is acting loving towards him, but Gung Ho is giving him a stern talking-to. Differing gnome parenting styles perhaps . . .

I got another wedding coming up this weekend in Cali with LSD, as well as checking out San Francisco for the first time, and going to Sonoma to sip wine. Anyone else been to a good wedding lately or have gnome or Lego stories?

7 comments:

Andrew said...

I want to own that gnome.

I haven't been to a wedding in about 2 years now. No big deal. It saves me money & makes me less depressed.

I do have a Lego story, but it's not good.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Own the gnome. I like the sound of it . . .

Aubree said...

andrew can't own the gnome it's going on my front lawn. sucka.

and fuck yeah gnomes and legos! the only reason i follow your blog was on the off chance you would someday make a post combining gnomes and legos and my ambition has paid off.

Gorilla Bananas said...

I know a man who once got some Lego stuck in his rectum. He ended up shitting bricks. I've visited San Francisco and found it fascinating. Apparently they have gay policemen in the gay neighbourhoods.

Miss Organizized said...

Dudes from the Hangover WISH they were this cool.

Andrew said...

Pwn the gnome.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Aubree: Yes! I pulled off the long awaited gnome and lego connection.

Gorilla: Because this comment, I was looking for gay policemen, but I don't think I found any. I mean, they may have been, but they weren't making it obvious to anyone by singing show tunes or anything.

Miss Org: Yes! There were no scenes with gnomes and legos in those movies, and that's where they went about it all wrong.

Drew: Own. The. Gnome.