Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The summer is flying by.

Erik has had a half-day camps so it doesn't afford me much time to get much done when I drop him off at 12:30 and have to go get him again at 3. Plus I'm dropping off Desi at his daycare at 8 and picking up back up around 2PM. The E-Bike has been helpful in zipping around the city, but I'm getting sun burned a lot out there so much. It can be fun to ride that thing fast, but I only like to really get on it when there are no kid passengers.

We sail off on our Disney Cruise next week. I'm a little nervous about a couple things. Will Erik be a brat and embarrass me in front of my in-laws? And will Desi attempt death defying acts and try to hurt himself? I guess what I really need to do is just do my best to stop those things, and just try to make sure that they have a good and memorable time. Will I have any fun? That's not really important anymore I'm finding. 

I'm doing my best to get continuing education classes for work done. They take a lot of time, and I'm on daddy duty a lot this summer. I just knocked down another essay for a class at a coffee shop before beginning the pickups of each kiddo. 

What's popping this weekend? Really not a whole lot. On Friday there is a concert in a park near our house where we can let the kids dance around and enjoy a "yuck juice" or two. Mrs. Noisewater was out of town for a long stretch and then went right back to work, so it will be good for the two of us to enjoy some fun time together. 

Okay, I'm hopping on Electro (that's what Erik and I have named the E-Bike) and burning some rubber. Thanks for listening, Beloved Seven Readers. 



3 comments:

The Unbearable Banishment said...

Hi The kid got big.

I'm not a robot.

LL Cool Joe said...

So how did the Disney cruise go? I hope you managed to have some fun as well as the kids.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Hi Unbearable: I got 2. They're both big. They both eat a lot and they're both loud. Big, I guess, is the best word to use if I just have to pick one.

LL: The Disney Cruise was dope. It's like magic for little ones. They're kind of pissed they have to come home to their crappy monotonous lives in comparison. All good things come to an end, I suppose.