Thursday, January 07, 2010

Too Much Truth in Advertising?

I got thinking about how people still smoke cigarettes even though it says right on the package that it will kill you and kill your baby, and it got me wondering if maybe they should go beyond just putting the warning on the label and actually use the death to sell smokes.

Let me know what you think about an ad like this . . .

These things kill you, yes, everyone knows that, but is that really so bad? Aging is sucky and depressing. I mean, have you seen really old people? Oh, yeah, but that won't be you because you don't smoke, and you eat lots of soy and no read meat and stuff. Yeah, you're going to be ripped like Jack Lalanne when you're old. Give me a break! You'll be a decrepit old coot, and you'll wished you had smoked while you were young and looked cool like the Marlboro Man. You enjoy the deterioration of your body, and we'll keep looking cool and die young like all the people who have mattered in this country.


Marlboro: what are you living for, anyway?

7 comments:

JerseySjov said...

packs in other countries have color photos of smoker's teeth and organs. a few other freshman orientation advisors were taking a smoke break when a freshman from china wandered out with a box covered in these bloody black and yellow teeth.
did any of us stop smoking after seeing it? ...nope

HeatherLynn said...

I like it personally. I think you need to tap the shoulder of someone over there in marketing....say "sup!"

and see if anything shakes out. :)

I used to LOOOOOOOVE smoking.

xoxox
~hl~

Heff said...

Yep. STILL SCHMOKIN' !

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Jov: He has the wrong idea. I want to take those negatives and make them positives. : )

Lyn: Yes, when I have one out of the blue, I remember why I liked it.

Heff: Schmokin! Hahahaha.

Steph said...

lmao you need a job in marketing.

Jenni said...

I am partial to the slogan "Black Lunch, Black Shumng."

I don't smoke, but if they adapted that line of thinking, I may start.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Steph: You know anybody? I think I have a knack for it.

Jenni: Yeah, I think you got the idea.