Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today at Trivia at the bar, we got our asses kicked. The host has still not had a music round, and every time he does a music question, I kill it. However, we did win the shot round, which got us a round of Jaeger Bombs, which is making my heart beat a little faster than I'd like at bed time. One question that was critical in our winning the round was:

What actors played the lead roles in the 1980's buddy cop film, Running Scared?

Our team was the only one to get it right, and I can't claim smartness here, only oldness.

Who knows it?

6 comments:

BeckEye said...

Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Ta-daaa. And I've never even been able to get through the whole thing. I thought there would be more tap dancing.

Heff said...

I had no clue, but since BeckEye got it, I DO remember the movie.

JerseySjov said...

how strange, i just [as in within the hour] read something about that movie in a little sidebar article about the buddy cop genre in an old Maxim that i found in my roommate's desk.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Beck: Ding ding ding! No tap dancing and no Sammy Davis Jr. impressions in black-face.

Heff: You should see it. It's solidly mediocre.

Jov: For my money, Lethal Weapon part one is the best buddy cop film of all time, but that's just me. You find anything else good in your roommate's drawers?

tnobes said...

Better then Beverly Hills Cop, part 1?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Nobes: No way in hell. Better than three. Maybe a tie with 2, but if you're from Chicago, then it beats 2.