Thursday, June 04, 2015

Anyone ever hear "'Da Butt" by E.U.?  I heard it on my bike ride home from work today and started laughing my ass off at this line: "If you get that notion get your backfield in motion."

I'm going to say something right now: That is singlehandedly the best line ever about American football, booty shaking, or combinations thereof.

The minute I got home I added it to our wedding playlist.  This was a point of contention, but to compromise I'm going to give the d.j. a time to fade it out midway through the song, likely just after that backfield line . . .

5 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

is it going to be early in the playlist before everyone gets drunk or near the end of the playlist where everyone will appreciate the wonderfully tasteful artistic bent?

Cocaine Princess said...

Did Spike say it was from the film "School Daze?"

Gorilla Bananas said...

With a great title like 'Da Butt' it just had to have a great line in it. Why was Spike Lee introducing it? Do you remember him criticising Tarentino for using the word "nigga" in his films. Apparently only black film makers can use that word.

Mr. Shife said...

You have chosen wisely, Dr. Ken.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Pilgrim: I do believe it will be during the more drunk portion of the dancing segment. When the booties are a little more liberal with the shaking.

Coke: 'Tis. I've never seen it. Can't be bad with that song in it. Nothing is bad that is in any way associated with that song.

Gorilla: It's not a word I'll be using on "the big day," that's for sure. Haha

Shife: It is best not to choose . . . poorly in matters such as this