Monday, June 29, 2020

Father's Day For Me and a Sort of Famous Raccoon

The other day I'm reading a "Ranger Rick" magazine to my son. Remember those? That thing has been around since at least the 1980's because I read it as a kid. My mom got my son a subscription to that and Highlights. Remember "Hilights," reading that thing cover-to-cover and finding those hidden pictures while you waited for what seemed like a week in the dentist's office? A lot of thinks are gone from when we were kids, but some are hanging in there. Anyway, for the Father's Day edition, old Rick had a thing about animal dads in the wild that do nice things for their young. I like to think Rick the little raccoon guy on the cover types these articles up himself. Probably has an attractive young badger lady for a secretary that he fools around with when he is working late on an important piece such as the Father's Day edition. And that's kind of sad to him on his ride home back to his wife and kids, the fact that he is writing this Father's Day piece while having an extra marital affair. Maybe that is the night ol' Rick finds baby raccoon Jesus and gets his damn life back on track.

This guy. Says he's working late. Again.
Says he's working late. Again.

In any event, after we read all about a daddy fish that keeping eggs in his mouth, a daddy seahorse keeping eggs in a pouch, and a daddy penguin keeping little penguin eggs warm on his feet (that's the cutest one), a little word bubble says, "What does your dad do for you?" I asked Erik that question and he says, "Oh everything. You talk to me and you play with me . . ." What was really moving about it was that he answered in a manner that suggested he was appalled that I would even have to ask such a thing. So yeah, he made me card which was super cute and all, but he doesn't even know that the best gift was the way he answered that Ranger Rick thing. Poor Rick. I'll pray for him and his family, but not that adulterous Jezebel badger chick. Not her.

Hey, check out Erik Noisewater performing a scene from a movie. Can anyone name it? I think I may say the name of the movie in the video, but still. Let me know what you think about his performance, your favorite kids' periodicals, cheating raccoon husbands, or anything else really in the comments below.


4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

And to think I was going to guess The Shape of Water!!!! But I totally get the Elephant Man!

Highlights?!?!?!?!? I had a flashback when you mentioned that!!!! God Im getting old.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Mistress: Ding, Ding, Ding! The shape of bubbles. Could be a youtube star, patent pending. Yeah, you think stuff like that is all gone, but it's still out there. I saw on the news that Monchhichi dolls are still crappening.

Mr. Shife said...

Oh yes, the age-old classic children's movie "The Elephant Man." What are you letting that boy watch, Dr. Ken? Good stuff, Erik. It looks you are raising him and his brother right. Maybe the Bulls won't suck when they are older. Happy belated Father's Day.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Shife: Thanks and happy Father's Day to you as well. The Bulls missed the shortened season playoffs, but my Blackhawks snuck in with the 12 seed! Hahaha. And we thought the 8 seed was bad. But who knows because anyone can win in hockey. I'm ready for ANY sports. Been watching a lot of UFC. The sound of those punches landing with no crowd noise is so gross, actually.