Thursday, August 16, 2012

My sister told me a story about a guy at a bar trying to hit on her, and he said he was a chemical engineer.  She is a pretty smart one, so she was able to sniff out that this guy was full of doodie.  All she did was ask him what the first element was on the periodic table, and the guy had nothing to say.

Now, come on.  If you're going to make up a lie about something, pick something that you at least have a little bit of base knowledge in so that you can riff some b.s. for at least a minute or two.

I once knew a guy who would tell girls that he was a NASCAR driver in the hopes that women would not know enough about it to ask too many specific questions.

Anyone ever do this or bust a guy doing it like my sis?

4 comments:

Oates said...

I think I once told a girl I play soccer.... She said hair looked like a soccer players....

Gorilla Bananas said...

Would your sister have been impressed if he really was a chemical engineer? I never took it for a profession that made the ladies swoon.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Oates: Welcome, Oates! I could see the soccer hair. My hair looks like I guy who does curling.

Gorilla: Nah. She isn't the type to care about that sort of thing, unless you say lawyer. Then she's giving you a face number.

Heff said...

I busted a guy bullshitting me, but I hope to God he wasn't trying to get in my pants.