Friday, August 18, 2006

Recently my 4-year-old nephew walked in on my sister (his mom) while she was going to the bathroom. Then the following exchange occurred:

A: You pee out your butt?
Mom: No.
A: Your weiner?
Mom: No, mommies don’t have wieners.
A: (Pause) Whachyou got then?
Mom: (Longer pause) A vagina.
A: ‘Gina? I don’t know no ‘gina.

Hey, I'm sorry if I'm adding yet another cutesy kid story to the heap of others in the blogosphere, but I'll be damned if that conversation and the little wheels turning in his little head didn't bring a smile to my face, and I hope your's.


*"A" is the sleeping kid on the right wearing the incredibles jammies.

8 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Waitasecond - girls DON'T pee out of their butts?

Loudlush said...

I'm staying waaaaaaaay clear of Mr Cherry Ride!

My favourite "cute" story is from one of my girlfriends who after popping out and feeding four sprogs somehow found three seconds to have a shower in peace. She washed the shampoo out of her eyes to find her three year old daughter staring horrified at her breasts and saying "Mummy, why are your boobies long".

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Cherry: That was news to me too. We have a lot to learn about women.

Lush: You never want to hear the word "long" used to describe "boobies." Funny.

Steph said...

Awww very cute. I won't regale you with the time my nephew found my vibrator.
Fun times.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Steph- These days I'm sure you could have just told him it was a big, veiny, black dildo. He'd buy that . . .

classyandfancy said...

Very entertaining and, with the visual aids, educational post. I feel as if I am back in 5th grade where they split up the boys and girls into separate classrooms to chat about our bodies, our selves.

Also, reminds me of the time my niece walked into my brother-in-law in the bathroom and said, "Daddy, you have a tail!"

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Classy: Glad I could educate. I do remember breaking up into boys and girls classrooms and watching film strips about the hair that would be forming above and around my penis. I'm still waiting.

Anonymous said...

Note: names have been changed to protect the truly ashamed.

Older sister (age 12) is taking a bath. Younger brother (age 4) enters to grab something from the bathroom. Younger brother runs screaming down the hall: "Mom! X has spiderwebs on her vagina*!" Oh, and the family had guests in the house at the time.

*this particular incident happened in another language. Vagina is the closest translation possible for the word that he used. Please excuse the crudeness.