Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm Like Paul "Curly Joe" McCartney

I just woke up from a dream in which I was pressured to come up with a new writing project on the spot, and believe it or not, I think it's actually a decent idea.  I had to flush all the thoughts onto paper to see if it is any good or even makes sense.  There were a lot of kinks to work out, but what I have come up with, I think, is a pretty decent treatment.

This reminds me of when Paul McCartney wrote "Yesterday," one of the most widely covered and respected Beatles songs, in a dream.  When he woke up, he wasn't sure if what he had was original or if it was something he heard somewhere else, so he hummed it to a number of people, none of which had ever heard it before.  So, he decided that he was pretty sure he wrote it.

The only thing is that what he did was write an amazingly beautiful, classic song, and what I wrote is a treatment for a one act play I will never get off the ground, but still, Paul and I, whether he knows about it or not, shared a moment together.  I kind of feel like the 5th Beatle, or more like the 5th of the "Three Stooges."  Maybe Curly Joe.



Curly Joe is on the right, and you can clearly see that he was the least funny replacement of the immortal actual Curly. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows that the fifth beatle was black.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Oh yeah. Winston.