Thursday, August 06, 2020

Crap-A-Doodle-Doo!

The wife and I knock back a tall glass of Metamucil every night. It's a nice little ritual. Pour the glasses full of water, scoop out the powder, stir it around, chug it down, usually feels clumpy and gross. But it helps you poop.

Then the other night I was in the next room (think I was blogging with you people) and heard Mrs. Noisewater doing the Metamucil ritual; I could hear the clinking of the spoon against the glass. And she never offered me a cup! A severe breach in Metamucil etiquette if you ask me. But we got it straightened out. We are going to keep each other honest and be the most regular couple you ever met. Like clockwork.
In other news, the wife had a nighttime zoom meeting, and I was in charge of the kiddos. I put Desi, the almost 1-year-old, to bed, but he was crying like crazy. Erik, the almost 4-year-old, was too engrossed in the movie he was watching to remember to get to the toilet to pee. He ran in there and told me that it was too late. He hasn't had an accident like that in months. Must have been a good movie. As the pee is pooling up in a puddle around his bare feet he says, "Crap-a-doodle-doo." That's one of those phrases that I don't really realize I say, but right when you hear it from your kid, you know it's your doing. I was super stressed out at the time with my daddy skills not going well, so hearing that gave me a much needed laugh.

What's up with you, good people? Enjoying any good quarantine nights lately? Had a good laugh you can tell us about?

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

"The wife and I knock back a tall glass of Metamucil every night." Aren't you two doing too much living on the edge?

Not so much a laugh as dumb. But the other night I went to the laundry room and brought it back to my unit to fold. About half way through, I realized I had a bra in my hand!!!!!!!!! How sad and embarrassing to get half way thought folding and realize you emptied the wrong dryer!!!!!!!!!!! Like your son I guess I was really engrossed in hat I was watching.

I may have to blog that.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Mistress: I'm not sure if I blogged about this or not, but one time I went to a yoga class, and when I folded out the towel to lay on my yoga mat, a pair of panties had clung to the towel with some super powered static cling. If anyone saw that I must have looked like a super creep.

Mistress Maddie said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! You win!

LL Cool Joe said...

I remember your yoga story. Haha.

What is Metamucil, and am I missing out? If all it does is help you poop then it doesn't sound much fun.