Friday, August 07, 2020

Electronic Bikes Give Dr. Ken The Need For Speed

 


Chicago introduced "E Bikes" (Electronic Bikes) into their shared bike system. The regular shared bikes are blue, and there are black electronic ones scattered through out the city. There aren't many of them, but you can search on the app to find where one is nearby. So when I had to go get my car from the shop I found one quite a ways up the road but still on the way to the mechanic. So, I took a regular bike to the other station with the E Bike. And holy crap is it ever fast! I got the need for speed now. I have actually never driven a motorcycle, scooter, vespa or anything, but I think I love this thing. What is cool is that you actually do have to pedal it to make it go faster. But I think I'm bringing a helmet next time because I was getting a little carried away. 

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I love these bike shares. Philly has a bike share program with sets ups all over the city. It's great because the last thing I want is a bike in the middle of my apartment. Haven't tried the electro yet.

LOVE your red frames! Cool dude.

Jon said...

They have tried to do an electronic scooter program here in Tallahassee and it just never took off. In Chicago, it makes sense. Here? It doesn't. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have delusions that Tallahassee is bigger than it is and want to get these things. We screw up elections. That's what we're good at. Not scooters.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Mistress: Those are a pair from my giant box of free sunglasses. I'm constantly losing or breaking them. I got a color for any outfit now.

Jon: Please don't screw up this next one. I'm terrified, actually. Tallahassee would probably take me a few weeks to spell right if I lived there.

LL Cool Joe said...

Didn't Simon Cowell recently fall off an E bike and break his back?