Tuesday, August 25, 2020

 Well, Erik had his first day of school today. We got him in a school that is doing in-person learning during the pandemic, so it's a little scary. But there are tons of policies in place where we feel pretty good about it. Erik wasn't the least bit nervous. His mom took him, and she said he pretty much just said bye and ran inside. After that I took him to pick out a new backpack and got him an ice cream for no reason.





Last night there was a small gathering of friends going on, so I rode my bike over there for a bit. I had a beer or two and said I would try to get back later after putting the kids to bed. My time away from the party could not have been more than about 2 or 3 hours, but people had gotten themselves into a completely different state in that short time. There was an unopened cake in a box, and one gal said, "I so want to just dip my hand in there and take a bite. F' it. I'm going to do it." She just waltzed over there and dug out a huge fist full that amounted to more than half of the cake and just bit and licked it off her hands as we all laughed our asses off. It was a lot like how Desmond ate his birthday cake at his first birthday party on Sunday.

How about you, Seven Readers? You got a bucket list weird thing you have always wanted to do at a party? Or just anything else you want to comment upon?

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I can't believe how big Erik is already!!!! And the picture of him going into the school has the feel of "Im outta here, peace bitches." I think it's great he has that attitude and wasn't frightened to go. And the picture of him with the ice cream?!?!?

I can't think of anything at a party I wanted to do. And I've done some things, I won't bring up, lol!!!! But I'll never forget when my one friend had a bachelor party at a nudie bar once. All the guys were doing a coin toss down the cleavage of a stripper named Candy Samples....not one made it. Then me, the gay goes, and gets it in! Figures. I passed the private lap dance on to one of my friends, friends. Figured he'd enjoy it more.

Jon said...

I'll be taking my daughter to her first day of kindergarten on Monday. She's also the last person I saw to eat a cake like that.

Mr. Shife said...

Congrats to the big guy on starting school. I am also glad that he got to do it in person because at his age, I can't imagine online learning would be a good time. No bucket list items for me at parties. As a fraternity boy, I got to do most of them. Enjoy your weekend, Dr. Ken.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Mistress: I for sure am glad he isn't shy like I was as a kid. I think he will stand up for himself better than I did too.

I wish I could see you draining that coin into the cleavage shot and the crowd going wild. "Kobe!!!"

Jon: They grow up fast, buddy. It's exciting to see them becoming little students like that.

Shife: Yeah, I have done some pre school age computer meetings and they're not too productive. Glad he is doing things in person. Unless of course he gets sick, gets me sick, and then I get my aging parents sick. Then I'll never forgive myself, ever. Okay, have a good weekend!