So, with LSD, Dr. Ken's girlfriend, leaving for Los Angeles in the fall, she and I are putting together a Chicago Bucket List of things to do before she goes. Here are some endeavors:
1. A trip to Cinners, her bar when she lived in Lincoln Square. I also fell in love with this place because they have Hamm's for two bucks and I can B.S. about life and music with Tony, bartender and owner. Also, they have a night where you can bring in your own vinyl, so that would be a good time to go and spin some records. Currently, her neighborhood's neighborhood bars suck. Don't you hate when you don't have a good watering hole around the corner?
2. A trip to The Liars Club, Dr. Ken's all time favorite bar. LSD haven't done much dancing together, but this would be a good place for her to bang out the running and man and Roger Rabbit skills that made me crack up on one of our first dates.
3. Frank Lloyd Wright tour in Oak Park, Illinois. You see, not all the items on the list involve bars!
4. White Fence Farm in Joliet, Illinois. This is a place where a lot of old people go to eat chicken and look at antiques and they have this awesome gravy. Plus, they have a petting zoo for my nephews. And Uncle Ken.
5. A long ass bike ride until the end of the Lake Shore bike path.
Anyone want to share any bucket list things they want to do, Chicago related or otherwise?