Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Fantasy Points VS Hit Points

I was at the gym the other day, and in my section of lockers they were airing a show where guys talk about the value of different NFL players in fantasy football.  Do we need grown men on television talking about this stuff?  Yes, a lot of people do play in fantasy leagues, but can't these analysts talk about the implications for these athletes in terms of reality?

Why don't we just have Dungeons & Dragons analysts on ESPN?  After all, is there really that big a difference in ridiculousness and nerdiness between these two statements?

You can't expect to compete in a fantasy league without two number one receivers, a quarterback who will get 20 every week, and a running back who is good for a touchdown just about every game.

VS

You are dreaming if you are thinking you can just waltz into a dungeon to slay a dragon without a strong fighter, or better yet, a barbarian, and then you're going to need a cleric to heal up your party's hitpoints.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never play either.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Bama: Good man. You played some Magic though, don't lie.

Mr. Shife said...

Never got into D & D. I was too busy making sure my hair was perfectly feathered. Had to give up Fantasy Football. Way too much of a time suck. I just play Survivor League now, and by Survivor League I mean we have karaoke throw downs with Survivor songs. Hope the new year is going well, and glad we have forged a friendship over the years through our blogging. I am a little sentimental right now as it has been a rough week. Just want the people that I appreciate to know that I do appreciate them. Take care.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Shifey: I want to have a Survivor Karaoke Smackdown! Jealous! Sorry about your rough week. I'm going to hit you up on Facebook . . .

Michael5000 said...

Yes sir. In fall, I want to buy a couple magazines with the rundown on all of the college football programs. The average large grocery store will have, like, eight choices of magazines covering the fantasy football angle, and at most two that talk about actual bricks-and-morter football. Weird.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

5000: Right! Stats don't matter. Wins do.