Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reverend Reboot

Word got out on Facebook that I performed a wedding for a friend, and now another buddy has asked me to do the honor for his wedding this summer.  Beastly is a good friend, but just like most friendships in adulthood, I only see him once or twice a year.  When I started college, he and I became very close because all my other friends went away to school while I lived at home and commuted.  That sounds like he was a default best friend, but the truth is that the circumstances made us figure out how much we had in common.  We both loved to over analyze rock music, we both enjoyed watching stupid movies while drinking Lowenbrau, and we even both, regrettably, grew out long hair.  I wanted to look like Duane Allman, but it was Beastly who could actually play a guitar.  I just had what I thought was awesome rock star hair.  Nobody believes me that I had the golden locks, but there are pictures to prove it - those that I haven't found and burned.

His and hers Grandpa Simpson ties, while supplies last!
I'm not sure what all I will say at this ceremony, probably almost none of what you just read, but I'm sure if I just speak from the heart like the last one, then I'll do just fine.  And I'll wear the bolo tie again - my calling card.

5 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

Looks like you may have found a second career!

Gorilla Bananas said...

You perform weddings? I thought you had to be a holy man or a justice of the peace to do that. Well, I suppose it's a good string to have on your bow. Good luck with the ceremony.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

CP: Nah, I wouldn't do one for strangers, just friends.

GB: No need to be a holy man, just 2 clicks on the internet. Only in America!!

Mr. Shife said...

Congrats on the second gig, Dr. Ken. The wife and I want to renew our vows at our 10 year anniversary but we would need you to dress as Elvis. Is that possible? Hope you have a great weekend.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I would totally do that for you and in any era of Elvis you see fit.