Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tales from the Rickshaw #1

I'm riding a rickshaw bike as a summer job, charging fares to drive people around, usually to the ballgame, to a bar, or back home. I see a lot of strange stuff riding around or parking my bike waiting for fares, especially being that I'm stone sober, which is like having super powers of observation skills if you've ever been the lone sober guy out.

So, here is story number one.

A woman and her boyfriend are outside the bar, leaning against the brick wall, and he's trying to talk to her, but she's swaying back-and-forth quite a bit. Suddenly, she barfs so much puke directly onto the pavement and some directly on her own feet and sandles. If only it were winter; maybe her feet would have been safe.

Anyway, it took at least ten minutes for the guys from the bar to come out to hose down the patio, so I was doing my best to warn pedestrians not to step in it. It's the least I could do . . .

6 comments:

Heff said...

Sounds like a nauseating job !

JerseySjov said...

last summer i was having porch beers at my friend's upper-floor apartment. we watched a dude vom all over the sidewalk, then cracked up 5 minutes later when another guy walked through it and freaked out.
if only you had been around!

HeatherLynn said...

My Pal Jason works as a pedi-cab driver in Columbus, Ohio...and oh, does THAT boy have stories....AND PICTURES! girls' crotch shots are popular! lol

How are you liking it so far?

all puke aside...

~hl~

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Heff: It can be, but the way I see it, I can't get mad at drunks because Lord knows I've been that guy many a night.

Jov: You didn't warn the guy he was going to slip on the puke? You probably took bets on if he'd notice, slip, walk through or around it . . .

Lyn: I like it. No crotch shots though. The Asian girlfriend took a picture of my butt even though Dempsey was sitting next to her.

Michael5000 said...

A rickshaw driver? For reals? Trippy.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

5000: Yup. No foolin'.